Friday 16 December 2016

12 flavours of Yule...Day 7

On the seventh day of Yule my Coven gave to me...peppermint

Peppermint striped candy canes all over the place…


Mint
(Mentha spp, Mentha aquatic, Mentha piperita)

An aromatic perennial with dense lilac flowers, usually grown in gardens but can be found in the wild beside streams and in damp woodlands, there are a huge amount of varieties.

I have it in my garden but keep it restricted in a pot otherwise it would take over the world, you have been warned.

Use peppermint oil on your forehead and the corners of your books (yeah I know, I can’t bring myself to put it on my books either) to aid concentration.

Drinking mint tea can help with keeping communications sweet.

The scent is uplifting and positive and can also be used in travel spells.

Mint can be cooling so I think it works well in spell work and recipes to ‘cool down’ a situation.

Add a few sprigs of fresh mint to a glass of water to cleanse and purify your body from the inside out.

Add mint to your floor wash to clear and cleanse the home.

Place peppermint leaves under your pillow for a calm and restful sleep.

Keep a mint leaf in your purse or wallet to ensure money keeps coming in.

Peppermint has lots of cooling and calming medicinal properties so use it in healing spells too.

Sprinkle mint around your property to provide protection from negative energy.

Mint Magical Properties:
Money, healing, exorcism, protection, cleansing, calming
Ruling planet – Mercury, Venus
Element – Air
Gender – Masculine




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.