Monday 15 October 2012

Opinions, putting it out there and mind your manners

Over the past couple of weeks I have seen several facebook statuses turn into battle grounds and that makes me sad.

Your personal facebook page is your own and you are certainly more than entitled to share your own thoughts and opinions, but what I have seen lately is ... and these are well known and respected people within the pagan field...asking a question, seeking out thoughts and opinions from others and then slamming them down when they answer with their own views - sheeeesh...

If you don't want to know others opinions...then why ask?

I know we all get worked up sometimes, especially when it is on a subject that we are passionate about but what makes you think that your way is the only way?

I love that within witchcraft there is no right or wrong way, of course there are guidelines and if you follow a particular tradition you might stick to certain practices, but being the witch that I a, I take bits and pieces from all over the place and make the Craft mine, it is personal to me and I do the things I do, I use the herbs I do, I cast the way I do, I have the beliefs that I do etc etc because it all works for me.

I am of course open to new ideas, new ways of thinking and new ways of doing things - that's what makes it fun to investigate and work with to see what happens.

I haven't always gotten things right, I make mistakes the same as everyone else does - hey I am human after all.  But it is by making those mistakes that I learn.

There are a lot of people in the world and whatever you say and do is not going to be agreed with by everyone - that's a fact, it would be a boring world if everyone was the same wouldn't it?

By being on facebook and twitter and blogging and being part of the Kitchen Witch School and now patiently (OK not so patiently LOL) waiting for my books to be published I am 'putting myself out there' and possibly putting myself in the firing line so to speak for opinions, but hopefully I will be able to deal with any that come my way with respect for the other person and well to be honest - good old fashioned good manners.

Peace and love people :-)

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.