Monday 17 October 2011

It is her time...

Some years ago now I found my patron Goddess, prompted initially on reading a fiction book (Beneath a Mountain Moon by Silver Ravenwolf - I can recommend it as a good read!) where the Cailleach Bheur made an appearance, and then seeing her name pop up all over the place afterwards I started to work with her.  


It rapidly became clear to me that she was with me for the long haul.


I don't feel her so much in the summer, but she is still there.


Now is her time, she is here - she is the icy wind that blows, she is the land, the rock.  She is the chill that makes you draw inwards to your safe and warm home.  She is the hag of Winter and I can feel her emerging.


On a trip to Dartmoor last weekend she was most definitely present - it was her place, the wide open moorland, the rocks, the streams, the wind that whipped around us, she was there, a giant with her apron full of rocks.


The Cailleach is a Goddess of transformation, of cutting away the dead and  moving forward towards the new.  She is a Death Goddess that removes all that is no longer necessary, clearing the pathway for new and promising things.


She is extremely powerful, fierce and wise and you would not want to cross her.   But she also provides strength when needed, courage and the kick in the butt you might need to keep going or the wisdom you might need to make difficult decisions.


On occasion I fail to listen to her wisdom, or perhaps I just choose to ignore it - but for whatever reason she is always right and in the end I realise what she was trying to say to me.


Always go with your intuition...


Tansy
x




Illustration of the Cailleach is by Mairin-Taj Caya her website is http://mairintajcaya.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.