Thursday 17 July 2014

We may need more cake...

I don't religiously follow my horoscope but occasionally I take a glance, usually when the Astro Twins pop up on my facebook feed - I love the way they write.

Anyway...this week said:

Starships are meant to fly—and apparently, Scorpios are too. Pull that power suit to the front of your closet and get ready to ascend. This Wednesday, July 16, expansive Jupiter zips into Leo and your tenth house of success, dumping cosmic Miracle-Gro all over your career. Enjoy the power surge and get those big plans in motion. Between now and August 11, 2015, the neon light is flashing: Goals! Goals! Goals! Take off the Wayfarers and get your game face on. You’ll be spending more time than usual in the public eye; not always the most comfortable place for such a secretive soul.

Whoohoo! Apart from the 'public eye' bit...although those that know me may not believe it...being in the public eye is not easy for me...

The week actually started quite well and I say that because for the last couple of Mondays I have had definite attacks of the Monday morning blues however this week Monday morning went quite smoothly.

Tuesday was a LURVERLY day spent in Brighton with my husband, a belated anniversary date.  The weather was gorgeous, we mooched around the Lanes and the North Lanes (my favourite) and sat outside a restaurant eating lunch watching the world go by (Gourmet Burger Kitchen - highly recommended).  Oh and we walked so much my feet ached so I had to purchase some new sandals...for comfort obviously...

Tuesday also heralded a new book contract which is always exciting.

Book number six follows on from book number five which will be published in October, it is kind of a companion book but will also stand alone.  The Kitchen Witch's World of Magical Herbs & Plants will be followed with the new one which is The Kitchen Witch's World of Magical Food... perfectly 'up my street' as the saying goes.  

There is the initial excitement of receiving a contract...but after the initial whoooop feeling the actual realisation that I now have to write 45,000 words is a little daunting.  My wise husband always says "plan it out, do an hour each day then it won't be overwhelming"...very sensible plan, but in reality I seem to do a whole lot of research then have a mad panic towards the deadline date and end up writing for hours on end...

This time however the book will have food recipes in, it won't be a cook book but it will have some recipes to tempt the reader so each of those will have to be tested...I know...it's a tough job but somebody has to do it.  So I will have to be waaaay more organised with this one.  I am really excited to be writing about food (obviously!) not just because I love food; the whole process from growing it, harvesting, planning menus, cooking, creating and eating but because there is such magic in food as well.  We are all familiar with herbs and plants having magical properties but I think magical food gets forgotten sometimes.

So I embark on a new journey with this book - it also has a new facebook page of its own which was another moment of humbleness (is that a word?) for me.  I started the page yesterday morning about 11am...this morning it has just over 400 likes...WOW completely floored...

It might seem from the outside that I am confident and successful and that life just lands in my lap, but believe me - it all takes work, a whole lot of hard work and I worry, I have those huge 'wobble' moments on a regular basis.  Will people like my books? What if they don't enjoy the workshops?  Should we still keep doing rituals, do people still want to come?  And any amount of other Why and What if questions usually on a daily basis...but I have to trust that I will be guided, that my intuition will be good, that what happens is all for a reason...it's not easy to surrender to trusting that you are on the right pathway...but I try.

And it's only Wednesday...what else does the week have in store?

With my new regular column in the Pagan Dawn magazine on magical food and a new regular recipe column in the Mystik Way that Tracey and I are writing as Kitchen Witch we may need more cake...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.