Monday 10 March 2014

A cash and carry expedition...

Saturday I went on a  little adventure (dragging my ever patient and long suffering husband and children with me) to the local Indian cash and carry...I suspect I was the only one actually excited about the expedition...

Kitchen Witch are hosting a mini sabbat workshop on Saturday 12th April at Chi Coffee - a talk about Ostara and Beltane to include a short ritual and we will also be making a craft - the idea being to make a seed goddess.

So I needed seeds and spices to make it with, hence the trip to the cash and carry because I knew supermarkets would be way too expensive.

I was like a child in a sweet shop...

Huge bags of coriander, fennel, sesame and mustard seeds for about £4 - these spices cost about £1.50/£2 for a tiny jar in the supermarkets.

And of course the cash and carry held all sorts of other delights, we came away with possibly the biggest jar of garlic mayonnaise ever (for eldest offspring), some deliciously sweet and sticky Indian desserts and some powerful  hot chilli sauces and the most enormous and spectacular cinnamon barks I have ever seen (told you I was excited).  I could have purchased an awful lot more but we had come unprepared and only had so many hands to hold the bags in...

Herbs, spices, seeds, rice, breads, sweet treats, sauces, curry mixes, a huge selection of exotic fruit and vegetables and a butcher at the back of the shop as well - this could well be my most favourite place to shop.  

If you haven't investigated an Asian supermarket I encourage you to seek out your local store, you won't be disappointed - whether it is or culinary or magical use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.