Wednesday 2 January 2013

coughs, sneezes and the year of the Witch

Well that was a pretty rubbish Christmas to be perfectly honest.

The week before Christmas both children were off school with coughs and colds which meant youngest missed his school party and carol service.  It also meant that unfortunately I couldn't get to Stonehenge on the 21st for the sunrise.

A couple of weeks before Christmas my mum got a cold that turned into a cough and by Christmas Eve had developed into bronchitis...horrible for my poor mum in that she was poorly but also because she hosts Christmas Day and had done huge amounts of preparation and we had to cancel it.

So no Christmas dinner for our family :-(

Christmas Eve my hubby, my dad and myself all came down with the flu bug and we are all still trying to get rid of it, although it has finally started to ease now.

Pretty miserable Christmas with lots of get togethers cancelled and everyone feeling really poorly.

Now the trees are down, the decorations are packed away and hubby went back to work today.  It seems like such a waste of two weeks holiday.  Yes we did get to spend that time together but it was shared coughing, sneezing and flu meds which isn't exactly the festive fun I had planned.

However 'tis a new year, not that New Year means that much to me particularly but it does give an incentive to make new plans for schemes and intentions.

2012 was actually pretty good to me, a few minor hiccups but nothing too bad for me personally although some of my friends didn't have it so easy.  So I look forward to 2013 and what it has in store (less coughing and sneezing would be appreciated for a start) '13' being a witchy kinda number I think I may declare 2013...the year of the Witch...

Wishing you all blessings, dreams and wishes for the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.