Thursday 4 October 2012

More book blogging, deadlines & more endorsements...

Yep more blogging about the book writing (my apologies):

So book one is under way with the publishers and I am working on book two.

I had a fair amount of book two written and then I faffed about for a bit, I know what I want to put in there but life distracts me *ooh look shiny things* but then a gentle reminder from the publishers arrives...all very polite and not pushy at all but basically saying "get off your butt and when are you going to send in the finished manuscript"...

So this weekend is the deadline.   And I am actually nearly done, just adding the last bits and pieces, but having the deadline has really made me focus, which is a good thing.

This time last year if you had said to me that I would have a contract for one book let alone two I would have laughed...a lot.  But then I knew 2012 was going to be a BIG year, didn't know what to expect but I knew that lots was going to happen this year and it certainly has.

I LOVED writing the lessons for the Kitchen Witch School (not all of them, coz my lovely co-team leaders wrote their share too) but it was an enjoyable process, which then led on to the book writing which again I have LOVED.  Not the actual sitting at the computer for hours because that quite frankly isn't good for my body - just need to remember to get up occasionally...

But the actual writing process, I get the subject in my head and then just let the words flow out, they seem to almost have a life of their own, thank goodness I can touch type...because when I am on a roll my keyboard sounds like a flock of demented woodpeckers... (I am not sure flock is the correct term for a group of woodpeckers but it will do for now).

I have also been pleasantly surprised by the teamwork and support from other authors, I have been in contact with some amazing, lovely and extremely supportive fellow writers.

So for today, I shall leave you with some more endorsements for the first book - Pagan Portals Kitchen Witchcraft:

Melusine Draco | Author of numerous popular books
I like this ... it's light, friendly and good fun to read. One important facet of traditional Craft is the use of the kitchen and everyday implements to create magical goodies. I like the way the author brings the reader into the kitchen and makes the whole thing inclusive like having a cosy chat over the cauldron. A great addition to the Pagan Portals series.

Mark Carter | Author of Stalking the Goddess
Rachel Patterson's Kitchen Witchcraft is an excellent introduction to witchcraft's system of correspondences, and reminds us that the ingredients of nature's magic surround us whether we live in an Old World witch's cottage or a modern high rise.

Janet Farrar & Gavin Bone | authors A Witches Bible, Witches Goddess and Inner Mysteries
‘A wonderful little book which will get anyone started on Kitchen Witchery. Informative, and easy to follow.’



Tansy
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.