Monday, 1 October 2012

Charity cake eating, faffing & endorsements

I have spent this morning in a pub with my mum eating cake for charity :-)  A very worthy cause, the Macmillian Nurses.

So this afternoon I am back home and really ought to be actually getting on with work but I find myself faffing about - I am putting it down to the sugar overload consumed this morning or it could be the numerous cups of coffee...

The current excitement (well for me anyway...) is that my first book Pagan Portals Kitchen Witchcraft is now at the final proof stage awaiting sign off by the editor...

So I thought as I am looking for things to do other than those that I am supposed to, I would share a couple of the endorsements that wonderful people have kindly given me:


Tylluan Penry | Author of Seeking the Green, Magic on the Breath, Magical Properties of Plants, Staying on the Old Track and the Essential Guide to Psychic Self Defence 

I am very proud to write this endorsement/preface for Rachel’s book, Kitchen Witchcraft. Rachel is very sensible and down to earth, both qualities that are rare nowadays, but which I really admire. Kitchen Witchcraft is becoming increasingly possible as people try and merge spiritual and everyday life. Rachel’s book contains plenty of great suggestions for kitchen witchery and I particularly like her emphasis on learning to love what you have, yet learning to adapt and grow too, which is an essential part of the Craft.
The beauty of this book is the ease with which Rachel blends the magical with the everyday, something I consider to be the true essence of all witchcraft. Her writing is a friendly, personal account that immediately invites us to feel we are there in the kitchen with her. This is particularly helpful for those who work as solitaries.

Kitchen Witchcraft contains plenty of ideas about the seasons, elements, festivals, gardens, working with candles and crystals and – best of all in my view – recipes for potions and incense etc. These will make even the newest beginner feel very ‘witchy’ indeed!


and

Siusaidh Ceanadach | Author of A Ceremony for Every Occasion & Let's Talk About Pagan Festivals

It’s a great little book, it’s packed with all kinds of information any Pagan would find very useful from candle magic and cleaning fluids to details of the elements. This is something you need to keep handy in your kitchen for helping you with your spells, your incense and your day to day magical life.

Tylluan has a blog tylluanpenry.blog.co.uk
Siusaidh has a website siusaidhceanadach.com

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment