Wednesday 29 August 2012

Charity bags, 80's hairstyles and restlessness...

It is definitely that time of year when I feel the need to clear out the clutter.

Last week four bags went to the charity shop from clearing out the conservatory/play room, today three bags have gone out to charity from clearing the clutter from our eldest's bedroom.  We are lucky where we live there are regular charity bag collections, an empty sack gets popped through your letter box and a few days later they come and collect the full bag.  Not only does it help us and our house with de-cluttering but hopefully it will make a bit of money for the charity and the items will be useful to someone else.

It is also a time when I am feeling a bit restless.   I have fallen off the healthy eating wagon in the past couple of months so am making an effort to get back into being healthy and my hair is driving me nuts.

For those that don't know - my hair is long, halfway down my back and has gotten to the length now where it catches on things, I can't sleep unless I tie it up as I keep laying on it and pulling my own hair and whenever I am trying to do anything in the house I have to tie it up out of the way.  But I don't know what to do with it.  Over the years I have pretty much had every hair style (and colour) going from crew cuts to perms including every variation in between such as short spikes and 80's Flock of Seagulls fringes...so I am at a bit of a loss at the moment.   Do I put up with it or do I cut it?   And if I cut it shorter will I then regret it?

I am sure it is the time of year that is messing with me, the restless in between time where summer is ending and autumn is beginning but it isn't really either one.

So for the moment I shall ponder on the indecision and carry on clearing out the clutter...

Tansy
x

PS - and for those of you that aren't totally bored all ready with the book news - my book is with the copy editor, should be back to me for final sign off mid September...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.