Monday 27 August 2012

Apologies to Mabon, planning and the season of the Witch!

The past few mornings have smelt of autumn, the Wheel is turning and the seasons are changing.

Our next Sabbat to celebrate is Mabon in September but I always feel a bit sorry for Mabon.  We celebrate Lughnassadh with great pomp and grandeur and then Mabon seems to be kind of over shadowed by the expectations of Samhain, as I suspect that is the favourite Sabbat for a lot of witches.

I love this time of the year, I love that we still get some warm, sunny days (actually not too many this year unfortunately) but the mornings are fresh and crisp with the promise of autumn in the air.

I know this is the time of year that our ancestors would have been gathering in the last harvest and storing away to keep them provided for over the cold winter months but to me there is a feel of expectation in the air.  A time to clear out, 'autumn clean' and start planning projects to carry over the winter months.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year...it is for me...the season of the Witch!

And I shall be celebrating Mabon with all the pomp and grandeur that I did at Lughnassadh with a ritual at Knowlton with the The Dorset Grove and our very own Kitchen Witch Coven ritual at the Queen Elizabeth Country Park.


Tansy
x

2 comments:

  1. I am very much looking forward to the ritual at Queen Elizabeth Country Park and my thoughts have been turning to having a clear out at home - time to put some things away and recycle some other bits - autumn is a lovely time and I love the colours that it brings.

    Ness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you there Ness! x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.