Monday 30 July 2012

Do it for you...

I have some personal rules, some people might think I make work for myself but I do believe the effort is worthwhile.

Even if I am just lounging around the house for the day I nearly always wear makeup, not a lot but enough to make me look vaguely human.  But it isn't all about the looks it also makes me feel better.

I do own jog pants, but I only ever wear them as pyjamas, you won't ever see me wearing an old t shirt and jog pants even around the house - again it is about looks in a small way, I don't want to look scruffy and unkempt for my hubby but it's also about how it makes me feel.

I don't mean that I wear a velvet ball gown to do the housework, but I do like to make a bit of an effort.  And I am also not saying that by 9pm at night I am not sitting in front of the TV with my PJ's on...because I do!

Probably more since I have worked from home, because I think it can be very easy to slip into lazy ways when you don't have to go out of the door each day to work.  I know this makes my hubby laugh when I say it, but I do make an effort to have the house clean and tidy for when he comes home and a meal on the table, it wouldn't worry him if I didn't but I do.  And I do it possibly partly because I think as I am at home all day and he goes out to work that I should keep the house clean and tidy and cook the meals but also because it gives me a better sense of self worth.

I think possibly the only time I haven't showered in the morning and worn PJ's all day is when I have been really poorly and had to stay in bed.  Other than that I don't function until I have showered and dressed - it sets me up for the day.

I am not a skinny minny, I have curves and although I sometimes have weeks where I watch what I eat and try and lose a few pounds I am generally happy with my body.  If I did want to diet I would only do it if I wanted to do it for ME, I don't believe it is possible to have the will power to do it otherwise.

Hubby and I have been together for twenty years and I am still very conscious of how I look to him but again it is also about how I look and feel for myself, back to self esteem again.

Although I might make a bit more work for myself in making the effort I think it is worth it for how it makes ME feel.

I guess what this ramble is all about is doing things for YOU, doing small little things to help YOU feel better about yourself.  Brushing my hair, putting on a nice dress and a little bit of makeup makes me feel good, it makes me feel good about myself and confident in how I look to others.

So...DO IT FOR YOU!

Tansy
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.