Saturday 23 June 2012

strawberry snaffling and baby cucumbers

I do love gardening, but I live in the city so my garden is not huge, so I have to make the most of what we have.

We have beautiful roses, shrubs, climbers, poppies and an assortment of bedding plants.  Squeezed in amongst them I have lots of herbs, lots and lots - all in pots: rosemary, sage, mint, basil mint, thyme (2 types), marjoram (2 types), bay, tansy, mace, chives and lemon balm.  I harvest all the herbs and dry them for later use, as well as using them fresh in my cooking.  I also collect and dry all the rose petals, marigold petals, honey suckle petals and poppy seeds - all for magical use.

Tucked away in amongst all of these plants are some strawberries and this year also tomatoes and cucumbers.

I am very excited to have baby cucumbers!

There is something about growing your own herbs to use in your own spell working, for one they are pesticide free but I can also add my own energies when I am watering them and tending to them over the months until harvest.

And growing your own food to eat is magic in itself!  OK I am never going to grow enough to feed the family but to pop out to the garden and pick an alpine strawberry to snaffle is fabulous!

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.