Monday 18 June 2012

Stonehenge, rituals and a blustery day...


On Saturday I had the honour of being part of the Dorset Grove mid summer ritual held in the centre of Stonehenge.

It was lovely to see old friends and new and especially wonderful to share the ritual with my lovely Kitchen Witch sisters - Tin, Raven & Sunchylde.

Thankfully the weather held and we even had some sunshine, although the wind - phew! It was indeed an extremely blustery day!

Although I do my own rituals at home I hadn't been to an 'organised' ritual for a little while and I have to say I had not realised how much I missed being a part of it. Not just a part of the ritual but also I had the pleasure of helping with the Wiccaning and the Initiations that took place too...oh yes and I got to give a gift from my beloved Cailleach too!

It was fabulous to be in Stonehenge of course, but it didn't need to be there particularly, I think I like rituals anywhere! Each different site has it's own energies and each one will add a different energy to the ritual but at the end of the day I think it is the energy of the people there taking part that make the ritual itself.


Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.