Tuesday 5 June 2012

Anti Nurse

So...on the second day of our holiday my dear hubby hurt his back, quite badly - in fact he is still poorly with it now and can barely walk at the moment.

The question is am I a good nurse, have I been caring to his every need and being the perfect sympathetic carer?  The honest answer is - Nope.

I care of course I do, he is the best husband in the whole world - even after twenty years together I still think he is LOL!  

We could quite happily spend 24/7 with each other and not end in bloodshed ;-)

But, he is the carer in our family, he is the strong one that looks out for us all, he watches over us, he takes care of us, he is an old fashioned gentleman.

So when he is poorly I can't cope, I am not used to it and my whole brain goes into melt down.

I am of course perfectly capable of running the home, lifting heavy bags, opening my own car door, making my own cups of tea and dealing with the children, but I have gotten used to sharing all these things with him and when he can barely walk it leaves me to deal with things I have gotten out of the habit of doing.

So after the initial few days of 'headless chicken, what am I supposed to be doing, how do I deal with this' I think it is about time to just get on with it and take it as a lesson - a reminder that I am a strong and capable woman who can get on with all these things on my own.   I just don't want to get used to it!  

Hubby and I are a team, we always have been and we always will be, this is just a little test to remind me that I can make my own cups of tea ;-)

All I need to do now is stop laughing when the muscle freeze spray makes him jump....

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.