Sunday 4 September 2011

Autumn - tis the season of the Witch!

I love Autumn, it is my favourite season.   Stepping outside into the garden in the mornings now is wonderful - the air is crisp and fresh, it smells fantastic.

Autumn to me is when I start to clear out and sort out.  It is my 'spring cleaning' time.  Sorting out the wardrobes and cupboards, clearing out those things we no longer use or need.

It is also a time for me to look back over the past year and see what worked, what didn't, what achievements I made, successes I had and what didn't work.  A time to re-evaluate and make new plans and set new goals.

I love having the children home on school holidays but it will also be good to get my routine back when they start the new term next week.  My 'to do' lists never seem to get any shorter in the school holidays!

I look forward now to the leaves on the trees changing colour and falling.  To wrapping up warm to go out for a walk.  To sitting on a dark evening with the candles lit and eating a huge bowl of casserole and dumplings.  Candle lit evenings in the autumn are perfect for divination too, I seem to read more tarot in the dark evenings.

Autumn to me is about changes, renewal and rebirth as well as preparing for the winter time and of course Samhain.  It seems to be the most magical of seasons.

Autumn IS the season of the witch!

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.