Friday 29 July 2011

you shall go to the Ball...

In the story of Cinderella all her dreams come true, because her fairy godmother makes it happen.  Unfortunately that doesn't happen in real life, not that I know of anyway!

Are you the person you want to be?  Are you living the life you want?

Each and every one of us probably has some kind of dream or goal in life - but sitting around waiting for it to happen is not going to work, not in my experience anyway.

I do consider myself blessed with my husband, children, family and life in general - but has it all been handed to me on a plate?  Most definitely not.

In the past I have been met with jealousy from some people because I work from home, because I have a good marriage, lovely hubby, well behaved children etc.  But all these things I have worked hard for.  I have also met people that believe their situation in life is the fault of everyone else except themselves.  I am not saying that sometimes life doesn't throw rotten eggs at you - it happens, of course it does.  But ultimately it is up to each person to stop, take stock, make a plan and move forward from it.  And yes I know that is not always easy to do, believe me I know!

A good marriage takes effort and work, OK it does help if you are actually married to the right person of course, and no I didn't get it right the first time ;-)  But a marriage takes effort, good communication, give and take, and work to make it happen.

I am very proud of my children, they are well behaved and they have both done exceptionally well at school this year.  Did this happen by magic? No, it certainly did not.  It has taken a lot of work and effort on the part of hubby and me and our parents to teach them manners, morals and good behaviour.  Of course they are children and they certainly have their moments, they wouldn't be children otherwise, but they know how to behave and they know what is expected of them.  Sometimes I feel like a nag but it is worth it in the long run!

Yes, I am extremely blessed to be able to now work from home, but I haven't always done so, up until four years ago I worked in an office, five days a week, and I worked hard.  All that hard work has led me to the position I am in now.

I love my home and my garden, we have lovely things in both and I work to keep it tidy and clean.  Again, we have worked hard to buy it, decorate it and maintain it and we are still paying the mortgage on it LOL! 

In my spiritual life recently I was honoured to become a High Priestess - was this luck?  I am of course very humbled by the appointment, but looking at it objectively - I have studied the craft for twelve years now, I worked as a solitary initially, I studied with the Correllian Tradition for a year and a half, and then I studied with Sacred Mists for seven years, along with the outside studies I took upon myself - all hard work (OK it was enjoyable and interesting too!) but it has led me to where I am today.

I guess what I am really saying is if you have a goal in life - don't just sit back and wait for it to happen, because likely it won't, get up and go for it.  If you aren't happy with your situation see if there is something you can do about it - I know sometimes it can look like there isn't anything you can do but give it a try - what is the worst thing that can happen?

You are in charge of your own destiny...don't wait for the fairy godmother because she is probably busy elsewhere!

Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.