Tuesday 3 May 2011

What is magick?

Having spent a wonderful day on Sunday at a druid ritual to celebrate Beltane, we were drawn into talking about the subject - what is magick to you?

I have been asked this question before and I wonder how many people would say "oh it's doing spells"?  And to a certain extent I guess it is, that is part of what a witch does.

However, to quote one of my favourite phrases "magick is where you find it".

Magick to me is all around us, magick is in nature:

  • it is the flowers blooming
  • the plants growing
  • the sun shining
  • the smell of the fresh air first thing on a spring morning
  • standing in the rain marvelling at every single drop of water
  • on the seashore listening and watching the ocean
  • feeling the breeze in your hair
  • waking up to the sound of birdsong
  • feeling the warmth sun on your skin
  • the feel of soft warm earth between your toes

All of these things and more are to me - magick - Mother Nature herself is real magick.

What does magick mean to you?

Tansy
x

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely :)) Beautiful post :))) Only thing I can think of to add is finding the magick within yourself :))) Blessings and a Big Hug

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.