Thursday 6 January 2011

My Sacred Space

 What do I think of as my sacred space?

Well I think there are several answers to that question:

When I think of the places in the world that I have visited, and I have visted a few of what are generally termed as 'sacred places' such as Avebury, Stonehenge and Glastonbury the place that gives me that kind of special 'I have come home' type feeling is Cornwall, especially Tintagel.

For me, standing on top of the castle ruins at Tintagel is magical.   The waves all around you, the sounds of the seagulls, the wonderful feeling of calm and peace that I get, truly wonderful.  It is my spiritual connection.

And then there is the sacred space that I go to when I meditate.   This image comes to me from a real place that I visited a lot when I was a child.  It is this place that I visit in my mind when I need to calm and centre, to balance, to connect with my totem guides.  A beautiful field, with a river and narrow boats.  So this is a very sacred space to me too.

And then my regular, real sacred space.   My home.  It doesn't matter where I have been, visiting, holidays, outings - when I come home and open my front door, that is when I am greeted by the love of my home.  The sacred space that I have created with my family.  A house that I love and that loves us.  A truly sacred, safe, comforting, magickal place.

Tansy
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.