Monday 21 June 2010

Litha - The Summer Solstice

Today is the Summer Solstice - Litha

We celebrate the longest day of sunlight!

Summer is in full swing - mid summer. The roses in my garden are in full bloom, the lavender is starting to flower, the herbs are all growing like crazy and I have planted up my hanging baskets with petunias, all in flower.

I celebrated Litha on Saturday with some very good witchy friends of mine, all members of my coven - The Sacred Mists. We had a fantastic day - lots of food and even more laughs. We all wrote scrolls full of our hopes, our wishes and our thanks and burnt them along with a corn dollie in the fire.

Midsummer is a time to celebrate the bounty of the earth, the power of the sun. The fields are flourishing, the blossom of the fruit is on the trees. We will have a rich and bountiful harvest.

My altar is decorated with a green cloth to signify the grass and growth, I have yellow flowers, pink roses and yellow ribbons. Together with pictures of the sun and a phoenix. Along with lots of pretty sparkly glass stones.

I shall be celebrating today with my fellow Sacred Mists student in an online ritual.

Litha Blessings to all
Tansy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.